Panchkosha: Homoeopathy is Divine Science: by Dr. Deepa U Raje Nimbalkar
Subhas Singh1, Tauqueer Alam*2
- Editor-in-Chief, National Homoeo Recorder; Head of the Department, Organon of Medicine and Homoeopathic Philosophy, National Institute of Homoeopathy, Govt. of India
- Postgraduate Trainee, Department of Homoeopathic Materia Medica, National Institute of Homoeopathy, Govt. of India
Length: 185 pages
Author of the book, Panchkosha: Homoeopathy Is Divine Science,Dr. Deepa U Raje Nimbalkar, M.D. (Hom.) is alumni of Sonajairao Homoeopathic Medical College, Beed, MS. She is also a Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling and Spiritual Health from Annamalai University. She is a Homooepathic consultant with special interest in the areas of Paedetrics to Geriatrics.
Pancha Kosha is the concept in yogic philosophy which states that there are five layers, or sheaths, around the human soul. The term comes from the Sanskrit pancha, meaning “five,” and kosha meaning “sheath.” Pancha Kosha consists of: Annamaya kosha – the food sheath, Pranamaya kosha – the breath sheath, Manomaya kosha – the mind sheath, Vijnanamaya kosha – the intellect sheath, Anandamaya kosha – the bliss sheath. The path of yoga is said to heighten one’s understanding and awareness of these sheaths. Eventually, the aim of yoga is to move inward, taking a journey through these sheaths and uncovering one’s true nature, or Atman (the inner Self). Then one finds unity as the relationship of Atman with Brahman (the universal Consciousness) is realized. The author tries to draw an explanation of these layers or Koshas in relation to homoeopathy. The whole book is divided into 5 chapters.
- Chapter 1 deals with the panchkosha and their significance in the astral body. Author further categorized panchkosha to their respective system of medicine. Of all the kosha homoeopathy has the ability to acts best in the manomaya kosha.
- Chapter 2: The Five sheaths and homoeopathy: Where the author co-relates all the kosha with homoeopathy with a hyperphysical explanation from different text of Organon of Medicine which can be relatable with some existing bio-physical fundamental researches. Author relates the vital force dynamicity with oxygen as it’s the oxygen which organize the cellular maintenance. In addition to Koshas she tries explain the relation of minerals and periodic table to the homoeopathy and the mental effect. Example of miasmatic effects- Carbonates as – Sycosis, Phosphates- Tubercular, Halogens- sycotic, Iodide and Fluorides- Tubercular and Iodides, Fluorides, and bromides as Syphilitic.
- Chapter 3: Universe, Laws and Homoeopathy: In this chapter the author tries to give a vivid explanation of Universal laws and their relatedness to homoeopathy from Karma, Astrology, Moon and its effect. Further this chapter emphasizes on the physiognomy, temperament in their relatedness with different stalwart’s philosophy of homoeopathy.
- Chapter 4: Homoeopathy and Allied Sciences: In this chapter Dr. Nimbalkar compares and advocates chakras healing and discussed the treatment through magnets, Mesmerism, Bath, Galvanism, etc how they can be used as homoeopathic aid.
- Chapter 5: Case studies
This is an attempt made to explain homeopathy totally on the hypothesis. The author tries to give a satisfactory explanation of homoeopathic cure in relation with the divinity yoga, chakras etc. Homoeopaths, however, who only investigate the phenomena of nature, but leave their explanation to the theorists, seek to use these for the benefit of humanity. Our view of accounting for the modus operandi of homoeopathic agents, leads us to an explanation of the law of similarity, which seems to us, more than any other, to satisfy the demands of logic and the necessary thoroughness in deducing it from known physiological facts.
This is a very fascinating book should be get its place in libraries and should be read by post graduate scholars and faculties. One may not concur with all the explanations and attempt to correlate but a book like this should be lauded for its effort and a new way of thinking. We wish and hope that the book and its author will receive its share of appreciation and encouragement from the profession that it deserves.
Cite this article as: Singh S, Tauqueer A. Book review: Panchkosha: Homoeopathy is Divine Science: by Dr. Deepa U Raje Nimbalkar. National Homoeo Recorder 2019;15(1):58-59.